Hoka One One Clifton 4 – Shoe review
Shop Now – Hoka One One Clifton 4
In Hoka’s range the Clifton 4 is a neutral / stable and less built up version of its older brother, the Bondi 5. Unlike previous Clifton’s which had less forefoot rocker, Clifton 4 has more rocker and is built on the same width fitting as the Bondi 5. Runners who are looking for a maximum cushioning running shoe will still be impressed with the soft and ‘pillow’ like cushioning of the Hoka One One Clifton 4. The Clifton 4 weighs a mere 265g compared to 284g for a Bondi 5. This could make the Hoka One One Clifton 4 a great option for distance runners who want lightweight running shoes that hasn’t sacrificed cushioning.
What Hoka say about the shoe?
- The Clifton 4 is light, cushy, and very, very fast…
- At its core is HOKA’s famed midsole geometry has been given an upgraded foam package to ensure consistent cushioning through the life of the shoe.
- Has a forgiving and adaptive forefoot to make it a much smoother ride than before.
- The Clifton 4 has a new look that is sure to turn heads
- It has an improved fit and breathable upper mesh
- We believe it it’s our best Clifton yet!
What we say at Footpro?
- “Compared to other new shoes, I often have to take them off during the first few runs to let my feet rest and acclimatise to the shoe, however this was not the case with the Hoka One One Clifton 4. I could run in it continuously and be in them for long periods of time having no dramas at all”
- “It offers generous amounts of space around the heel and ankle making you feel secure and safe the minute they are on your feet”
- “Offers a great amount of heel depth for those who have insoles or orthotics”
- “For a neutral/stable shoe it often gives support to those with slight to mild pronation with its awesome heel/ankle support and wide base of support”
- “Once again it is a great shoe for those with previous injuries to the hip and below offering awesome cushioning and shock absorption to put less of a strain on your body”
- At $219.99 RRP it offers great value.